How to get that perfect poached egg every time.
Most chefs and cooks find poaching eggs quite tricky. In fact it is a very simple method. Before you poach eggs, always remember and follow the points below and you will never go wrong.
1. Always use the freshest eggs available in the market or (wait for the hen to lay an egg in your palm). Just kidding..
2. Take a pan and fill with water, at least 2 inches in the pan.
3. Never add salt in the boiling water, salt will make the whites disperse all over.
4. Add a spoonful of white vinegar, it helps in coagulation.
5. Once the water is boiling, lower the flame to medium and let it simmer gently.
6. Crack an egg in a small bowl. Never crack the egg directly in the pan, chances are you may break the yolk inside.
7. Create a vortex or whirlpool in the center of the pan using the ladle. And gently drop the egg from the bowl exactly in the center of the vortex.
The vortex helps to keep the whites together and the yolk will remain enclosed in the whites.
Cook the egg for 3 to 4 minutes only. In the meantime, get ice cold water in a bowl. When the egg is ready fish out the egg and place it in the cold water, this will stop the cooking.
Remove the egg using a slotted spoon on a paper napkin to soak up the water.
And there you have your perfectly cooked poached egg. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Enjoy it over a warm piece of toast and freshly brewed coffee.