Pure. Chocolate. Heaven.
The fudgiest brownies ever.
Perfect crisp crackly top, super fudgy centre, chewy in all the right places, studded with chunks of toasted, broken walnuts.
A slight hint of coffee decoction and a tiny pinch of sea salt take these brownies a notch up in intensity.
Semi sweet dark chocolate 200g
Unsalted butter 115g
White sugar 225g
Brown sugar 100g
Egg medium size 3 nos
Vanilla extract 1tsp
All purpose flour 68g
Cocoa powder 25g ( Preferably use Dutch processed cocoa)
Salt 1/4 tsp.
Coffee decoction 11/2 tsp.
Preheat oven at 180°C for 5 mins.
1. Melt butter and chopped dark chocolate over a double boiler. Whisk together until the chocolate melts completely. Cool to room temperature.
2. In another bowl, take both the sugars and add one egg at a time and whisk till the sugar dissolves. Adding add the remaining eggs in the mixture. Add in salt, vanilla extract and coffee decoction.
3. Add the chocolate mixture to sugar and egg mixture and mix well.
4. Sift flour and cocoa powder in the mixture and carefully fold in the batter.
5. Pour batter in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread the batter evenly and bake at 180°C for 30 mins. Use a tooth pick to check the doneness of brownie after 25 mins.
6. Cool the brownie completely. Demould the brownie and peel off the parchment paper. Cut into equal sized squares.
Served with warm or cold glass of milk or as it is.
Variations: Add chocolate chips, marshmallows, almonds, pistachios or strawberries in brownie batter.